We are being inundated with calls from mothers who are seriously struggling under the strain of the cost of living crisis. Many are unaware of their benefits entitlements and are missing out on subsidies they need to be able to pay their rent, and put food on the table. Do you know about benefits and could you spare two hours a week to help give these mothers the support they need?
We’re looking to add two volunteer benefits advisors to support our Benefits Clinic on Thursdays 3pm-5pm. If you meet the criteria below, please complete the short questionnaire. Our Support Services Administrator will be in touch with you by Friday 5th May to let you know the next steps.
- At least two years experience in a welfare rights advice role and up to date knowledge of welfare benefits
- It is essential that you have extensive experience in providing benefits advice, (at least two years).
- Up to date knowledge of welfare benefits
⭐As part of our volunteer community you will have access to:
- A thorough induction process followed by a 121 with the Support Services Administrator prior to your first shift.
- An admin portal to schedule diary entries, make notes to record calls, send follow up emails, keep in touch with fellow volunteers
- Continuous training and CPD through regular sessions with external training providers
- A community of like minded volunteers through a whatsapp group
- Regular updates on the support services through volunteer emails and Virtual Cuppas